Retire in Belize
The Cost of Living in Belize
If you are accustomed to prices in the U.S., Canada and Europe, retiring in Belize can be a real bargain. Housing in Belize is generally a great deal less than comparable housing in the U.S., Canada or Europe. In addition, basic help, such as housekeepers or a cooks, is quite affordable in Belize with a full-time housekeeper costing approximately US$15 - US$20 per day. Utilities are relatively less expensive as well (approximately 25% less than in North America). Belize's tropical climate significantly reduces expensive winter fuel bills and the sea breezes of Belize equate to less air conditioning.
Why is Belize different?
Belize is a small Central American country located south of Mexico and east of Guatemala. The country has a stable democratic government with kind and friendly people. Belize also has quality healthcare at affordable prices. The country boasts a growing and progressive infrastructure and a strong will to protect its pristine natural environment.
Belize is a country with abundant water-based sporting opportunities for the active ex-pat or retiree. It is ideally located with the Caribbean Sea to its East and has numerous cascading waterfalls, rivers and lagoons. These water features along with caves, mountains and rain forests, provide the splendor of beautiful terrain, wonderful climate and one of the most diverse ecosystems in the world. With so many visitors throughout the world discovering and exploring Belize, it serves as a great location to the ever growing number of expatriates. Belize is truly the perfect destination to "re-invent yourself" and enjoy life at its best.
Why choose to retire in Belize?
So many people select Belize because it has all of the comforts of home, at a much lower price, and in a relaxed tropical environment. It has quickly become one of the top relocation and retirement destinations in the world. The friendly people and fabulous climate have attracted many Americans, Canadians and Europeans, but the advantages of retiring in Belize extend far beyond its tropical reputation.
Top Reasons People are Retiring to Belize
• A major draw for North Americans and Europeans is the low cost of living whether permanently relocating or just having a second home or vacation escape.
• The Government of Belize offers great retirement incentives in the form of the QRP.
• Belize is the only English speaking country in Central America. All of the signs and government forms are in English.
• Foreigners can legally own real estate in Belize. Title to Belize property may be taken individually, jointly or in the name of a corporation. Buyers receive fee simple title to their property and financing is often available from reputable, long established developers.
• Belize is less than two hours by plane from the United States, enabling quick and inexpensive travel.
• Belize is a British Commonwealth nation with a longstanding democratic government and independent judiciary.
• Belize is absolutely beautiful, with extensive natural resources and many incredible things to do. Residents and guests spend their days enjoying the aqua blue waters and serene beaches of the Caribbean, diversity of wildlife, Mayan ruins, waterfalls, rivers, caves and tropical forests.
• With the second largest barrier reef in the world just off shore, Belize's waters contain some of the best diving locations in this Hemisphere. Belize offers superb deep sea, big game and fly fishing and was once a center of the ancient Mayan civilization.